Saturday, August 18, 2007

Been awhile. I go through these cycles of debating whether I want to continue my blog or not. I can't say I'm a natural at writing these things. And what it might come down to, is that I'm just a little bit on the lazy side sometimes. I'd prefer to read someone else's than think of something clever for my own. But I think I shall continue for a bit yet - because I have a trip in the planning stages! And that was the whole point of this - to tell you of my journies. I've been doing a lot more managing at the office recently, though, so I haven't been travelling much for work. And most of my work stories that I do have, have to remain confidential anyway - so I've found it hard to talk about on here. But before I descend too far into rambling, I shall show you a picture of the place I just returned from. It is a family church camp in Washington that I've been to a couple times now. Beautiful, relaxing, surrounded by pleasant friendly people. I quite like it.


I wish I'd gotten a picture of the lake but you can imagine that if you turned around 180 degrees, you'd be looking at a pretty lake with a big hill (that some might call a mountain) in that background.

I live in a very awesome city. It is especially fantastic in the summer. A couple of weeks ago a good friend and I attended a Shakespeare play that was done in a tent next to the river. Here is us at the play.


We tried to get a shot of our faces but in ever single one either Ang's eyes were closed or I looked high. (And just so there are no rumour's started - I wasn't actually high - just looked it.)

At the intermission we went outside and looked at our beautiful city which is known for its bridges.


How I love it here during the summer. The temperature is dropping dramatically this month. We went from a July full of above 30 degree temperatures to barely hitting room temperature during the day and getting down to 6 and 7 at night. I preferred the hot and if any weather controllers are listening - please give us a wicked hot Indian Summer.

2 comments:

Teacher Lady said...

I think people worry too much about being clever. I think people just want to know what you are up to.

Shannon said...

Perhaps - but if so, I am a shallow blog reader. I like blogs that are cleverer more that blogs taht are not clever. Or maybe I just like the word clever because it sounds so British so I'm trying to say clever or a version of it as much as possible.