I don't consider myself overly tough. But I also don't consider myself to be a girly girl or a fraidy cat. Even with my intense fear of spiders, I still don't usually react like I did today. Yet here I was putting away some packing materials and a large brown spider was all of the sudden on our kitchen table less than a centimetre away from my hand. Without thinking I screamed and ran about 15 feet away. I screamed. Everyone in the office could hear me scream. Not a yelp or a quick intake of breath. An actual scream. I've seen way bigger spiders than that before. I've seen gynormous wolf spiders in Florida washrooms. I've seen scary gross huge spiders in crawlspaces province wide. I've seen good size spiders in my own bathtub. And while all of them freaked me out, I usually tremble in silence and deal with it (unless someone else is around who will kill them for me). To scream and run while at my place of employment was so embarrassing.
Turns out, according to a knowledgeable staff mate, it was a brown recluse spider - which is poisonous. They aren't supposed to be in this province, but I was unloading shipping materials that could have come from anywhere.
I'm totally not doing the shipping next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ewww! So who killed it?
Post a Comment