What a month so far. I left my house on the 29th of July and got my lovely sister to drive me to North Battleford. The next morning we (a family from my church and another girl catching a ride like me) were off for Victoria. It was such a nice laid back trip - we drove about 8 or 9 hours everyday and then hung out in Vancouver for most of Monday before heading over to the island. I even found the first thrift store ever that I liked. It was called Colette's and all the clothes were clean and organized by style and colour. Usually I find thrift stores overwhelming and want to get out of them as soon as possible, but this one was great.
Anyways, in Victoria I got to see a bunch of my friends and I made some new friends. I stayed with an older lady named Mary and we had such great chats. We even talked about boys a couple of times so we definately bonded. Victoria was great. The best part was that I got to go camping with some friends at this beach called Sombrio. We hiked down to and then along the beach to find the perfect spot. It was so relaxing. I fell asleep outside under the stars listening to the waves. I'd love to go back sometime. Other highlights included travelling to this little island (Thetis I think) and helping an older man put siding on his house. Following that we drove across the island to a little inlet where there were tons of bright purple starfish. It was fantastic. Probably the most exciting evening in Victoria was when we attended the Symphony down at the water. If you want the story (complete with a map) one of the poeople with me wrote a good description of the evening.
After the week in Victoria a group of us travelled to Pinelow camp near Spokane Washington. On the way I had my first blow-out. A tire on the car that I was driving (and I was going fast on the interstate - is it interstate or innerstate? - highway) practically exploded. It was quite exciting. A good samaritan stopped and helped us change it in about 7 minutes. I know we could have done it, but I suspect it would have taken a lot longer. After a couple hour delay (we drove back to Moses Lake to get a new tire) we were again on our way. Pinelow was fantastic. It is such a nice camp and the lake was the perfect temperature and the sandy beach was perfect for laying on. The best part of the whole week was the day we created a slip'n'slide that went right into the water. By supper time, the entire camp was watching people try to show off. Nothing like a big grey tarp to bring people together.
Anyway, there are lots of other stories that could be told, but I need to hit the road. This is possibly my only weekend that I could be at home in all of August and I will kick myself if I waste it on the computer.
Later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
it's interstate.
I think it is part of the Juan de Fuca Trail actually. I will definately try hiking it someday.
Post a Comment