So I am officially working only on one project until the new year. I pretty much hate the client, they are ridiculously high maintenance and fussy and irrational. I also can't say the type of work I will be doing (environmental audits) are my favourite thing in the world either. Not to mention that I will be out of town for 50% of the time until December. But I was really trying to force myself to look on the bright side. I was going to get paid a pile of money in mileage (possibly enough to pay off my car) and per diem's. Today, I found out that instead I have to submit my food receipts (so no extra to take home if I eat light) and I will be driving rentals. So I get absolutely no compensation for doing work away from my home that I don't like for the worst client ever. Suckiness. Although it is much harder (and I am grasping at straws) I still forced myself to try to think of some good things about the next few months. I will admit it was hard but what I have come up with is that I will be the last one in line to do weekend work since I'm already away so much and that I know my September-Christmas schedule, for the most part, which is rare with this job. If you can think of anything else good, let me know because I need more than that. Boo car rental.
Here's some random things about my day to make me feel better:
I learned a super fun solitaire-ish game with my new dominoe set.
I love my garage. Like a lot.
I also love my washing machine (I'm okay with the dryer too - I don't use it as much).
I finally tried to check if my Dell is one of the ones with the recalled batteries but I couldn't figure it out. I might need to phone them. But so far it hasn't blown up - and that's good.
I got a haircut by a student at a hair college for $15. I now have a "side bang". It's hot**
I officially booked my trip to Mexico in December. How cool is that? Props to a friend getting married at a time of year that I can totally get time off work and for staying at a reasonable all inclusive resort.
I think I am going to a birthday party tonight at a place called Foxy's for a co-worker.
**Actually, it's so subtle you can hardly tell. But it's amazing how stylish I feel just knowing that I can truthfully say that I have a side bang.
4 comments:
Hi Shannon,
Don't get frustrated about the Dell battery recall. It's a relatively quick and simple two-step process. The safety of our customers really is important to us, so please check out your battery status at:
https://www.dellbatteryprogram.com/
Woah, they must google people who blog about dells and comment. Crazy.
If you are still in working in the same place you can spend your time sending it good carma so I get hired there!
(Ok I know that is not what you want to hear, how about you get to pray I get the job in the place your working now?)
Oh, another thing, think about how great a driver of the road between here and there you will become! You will know all the good places to eat, get in tight with the truck drivers etc... A whole new world is at your feet!
Kristoni, I'm not there anymore, but I shall still pray you get the job. Regardless of the truck drivers.
Many thanks anonyboy. The whole dominoes thing is going very well. And Foxy's was fantastic - I don't know you well but I bet you would have loved it.
Post a Comment