Ok I am so psyched! I just got back from Calgary where I went this weekend for my friends Jess and Bruno's wedding shower. It was my first co-ed shower (that is true in all respects) and was quite fun. On Saturday afternoon I went garage saling with a couple of friends. We arrived at this one house and there was a sign saying "Everything is free!" Apparently after a certain time the guy had decided he just wanted to get rid of the rest of his stuff instead of taking it back into the house. There was one little man who was piling up all the things he wanted on a table and when he finished he turned to the guy and said, "Are you sure I can take all this?" The guy laughed and said, "Absolutely - take the table too if you want!" Anyway, I picked up some resistence bands, a board game called the Farming Game and a set of Dominoes. And the reason I am psyched is because I just confirmed that the ENTIRE SET IS PRESENT!!! I've only played dominoes a couple times with some Cranbrook people but I think it might have been one of my favourite game playing nights ever.
When I used to do field work (oh how I miss it - best jobs ever) I was usually up later in the evenings than my collegues and I would play cards. I got seriously sick of sollitaire so I would play two hands of another game, and try to play them as honestly as I could. I would deem one hand to be mine and then other to be my made- up-card-playing-friend Todd. I would keep score and try to beat him, even though he didn't exist. One night I forgot to throw away the piece of paper I was keeping score on and Kristie was so confused. Because obviously it would be a little bit hard for me to just make a friend one evening in the middle of the bush and invite him over to play cards. I got made fun of for the rest of the year by my lab mates but I never forgot Todd.
Anyway, I have a hankering to play some dominoes. I think Todd and I are going to attempt a quick game right now. If any of my local friends are reading this and want to come and be real life dominoe partners, I would be thrilled. Todd's great for an imaginary partner, but it's not the same as flesh and blood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ah, Shannon and her imaginary friends. I used to have some, but then they stopped returning my calls. Stupid imaginary friends.
Anyway Shannon, I too enjoy dominoes, although the set I bought last year contained instructions that I wasn't sure are right. When I get back maybe we'll have to get together for a game. Headed home September 11!
You're on. So far I haven't been able to remember quite exactly how to play the game (and Todd has been no help in that department).
I think there's many different versions of dominoes.
BTW, the Farming Game is awesome! I wanted it so bad as a kid, I made my own version and subjected my siblings to playing it. They may have preferred I had an imaginary friend.
I wanted to be a farmer when I was young. Still do actually, but my dad won't let me :-(
I like train version of dominoes the best.
Post a Comment