Friday, September 01, 2006

poop in the fan

So I hummed and haaed about attending my co-worker's (also known as New Guy even though he's been around for over a year already) 30th birthday party last night but I ended up deciding to doll up and go. It was quite a good time and I really liked the venue. It was a surprise party planned by his girlfriend so there were tons of his other friends there. My boss and I arrived late but NG's girlfriend told us NG totally perked up when we arrived, like he was excited that his daytime buddies came out.

I love the people that I work with. We've got an older guy whose office is in the back (he's quiet and has loads of kids at home). Then there is the boss girl who is 30 and is always making a big effort to make sure everyone is happy. Then there is E, the other girl who was there when I started. She's turning 30 in a couple months and has two cute little boys at home. I am the baby of the office. For the most part, we have a fantastic atmosphere. The 3 30's and myself get along famously. We laugh a lot and if it wasn't for how much I like the people, I don't think I could stay at this job. The 4 of us are the "Hazmat" group and business has been pretty good. But the older guy handles a different department and, well, he's been making some big mistakes lately. I honestly think he might get fired next week which seems insane to me. So there are changes going on at my office. For one, I was offered a promotion about a month ago and finally decided to take it. New Guy is also newly promoted and taking over a lot of Older guy's work. Which is good since OG might get fired. Plus we might hire a new Tech. So it's kind of crazy right now. We are all just riding out the storm of OG at the moment, waiting for the company's presidents to decide what to do with him. This is more drama then I'm used to.

Anyway, so yeah. I'm a PM now. Not sure how I feel about it yet, hopefully it will be kind of cool.

I'm off for a weekend retreat shortly though. I must go pack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for your promotion Shannon, congrats! However, what is PM? Are you our new prime minister? Sorry, I'll get the hange of all the blog abbreviations it just takes me longer than others.

Shannon said...

Sorry, I thought I explained it, I must have deleted that sentence. PM = Project Manager. I'm too lazy to write it out.