Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Someone's been sitting in my chair...

Ahhh. Hee hee. Ahem. You know when you were supposed to do something for a friend and you didn't and then it got to the point where it was embarassing to admit that you forgot because it had been so long so you sort of just avoided the entire situation? That's sort of how I've been feeling about this blog. I have lots of stories about Hawaii to tell but never enough time (it seems) to tell them. And so I've avoided blogs almost entireley to not have to think about how longs it's been. So that's my story about why I've been away so long. But I really am trying to get over my pride about things, especially that involve communicating with people so here's my attempt at getting myself back on the bandwagon.

So a few weekends ago I was out of town. I'd left breakfast's dishes on the counter. I'd had company the night before but I'd peeked into the spare room and noticed that she'd made the bed. Sunday afternoon when I returned home, I noticed that a glass that I never use was on the counter with traces of orange juice in it. I knew I hadn't used it and my first thougt was, "Who's been drinking my orange juice?" Then, a while later, I was using the phone in the spare room because my cordless sucks and dies after like 20 minutes but I don't want to spend the money on a new one yet. Anyway, the bed looked like it was made kind of funny. And differently than I remember seeing it before I left. I assumed that I must have just not noticed that my friend made it like that, but a small part of my brain thought, "Who's been sleeping in my spare bed?" When my basement roomate got home that night she informed me that I indeed did have a Goldilocks stay at my house that weekend. She was a girl whom I had actually already considered asking to move in as a roomate this summer so when she phoned my other roomate desparate for a place to stay, the girl told her to come on in and make herself at home! So it was fine (except I would have liked to clean up a little bit better) but boy is it ever a creepy feeling to realise someone may have been inside your house without you knowing.

That, my friends, is my attempt at getting back into this strange blog world. See you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm dying to know who it was!

Unknown said...

me too! :)