Sunday, February 05, 2006

A bit of trivia?

I just had a delightful weekend. I was in Manitoba at a quiz meet. There was just under 300 teenagers in attendence and it really was a fun time. Plus I got to hang out with my friend Kara who lives there and who I rarely get to see. And now I am home and about to begin packing for my big vacation.

But first, some trivia. What is the only word in the English language (according to my source anyway) with 5 vowels in a row?

Ky, you already know so no guessing!

4 comments:

Life of Turner said...

Should I spoil it and say? Okay! The answer is...I can't remember. I'll think of it. But my questions for you are equally interesting:

1. Name a word with five consonants in a row.

2. Name a word with three consecutive sets of double letters.

3. Name the shortest word to have all five vowels.

4. Name the shortest word to have all five vowels in order (a,e,i,o,u)).

That should keep you busy...now back to your question...

Derek out.

Shannon said...

Yikes, that is tricky Derek. Okay people - let's get guessing. I shall give you a hint for mine since it's been a few days. The way to get the fifth vowel is to add a suffix to a word that already ends with four vowels.

Life of Turner said...

I looked it up online, but I won't spoil it for people.

Derek out.

Shannon said...

Well, no one could figure it out except Derek! But since this is about to be pushed off the page by new posts, I shall tell you the word. It is queueing. There you have it. 5 vowels in a row.