I am copying Maryanne's idea. Let us make it a "Things I'm Glad About" kind of day.
1. I do not have to return to work for 18 days! And today was such a fufilling-ish type of day. New guy at work was out on a job site (a two week high risk asbestos abatement - big job for such a new employee). I told him before he left to call me if he had any problems. And not to take the old crappy microscope because sometimes it was hard to calibrate. He took it anyway and I was so happy that he called me when he had trouble calibrating it. It took us 3 hours on the phone but I helped him figure it out. It felt good. And I was not even tempted to say I told him so - I was just glad he put his pride away and called. I think he will work out just fine.
2. It is almost my birthday.
3. I played hockey this week and had SO much fun. And hopefully there will be more hockey in my future!
4. I get to go to Phoenix in 5 days.
5. I get to go to the Grand Canyon AND ride a train for my first time in 6 days.
6. I went to a seminar this week and sat beside a really cute boy. When I said the name of the company I work for, he told me he had applied there last year. Sadness to the extreme - we could have been office mates!!! But gladness to the extreme because I at least got to sit beside him at the seminar.
7. We have made a reservation for a nice little cottage to go skiing in 15 days!
8. I get to go to bed soon.
9. Tomorrow I am going to a quiz meet in Brandon Manitoba. I get to ride a bus with 40 teenagers. And yes, that actually makes me glad.
10. I am going to go eat a lemon square, my favourite dessert ever, right now.
Addition to post: I meant in 6 days I will ridea train for my first time. I realise now that it looked like I meant it has been six days since my last train ride. Which really would not be that special at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, you haven't ridden a train for 6 days? That is a long time.
Trains are very fun. And happy early birthday (six days early)!
You made a reservation for a nice little cottage with the really cute boy? You sure move fast!
"sheepish blush"
I did not mean I made a reservation with the cute guy from the seminar. I barely talked to the cute guy. But I guess it sort of sounds like it huh?
Post a Comment