Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Amazing Car-Problem-Solver-Dealer Guy!

Ha! Guess what I did? I was on my way to work yesterday when the engine light came on in my car. I immediately pulled to the side of the road and shut 'er down in fear that something was seriously wrong. It's a new car - lights don't illuminate for no reason right? Well, I just happen to have a houseguest for the week who is quite knowledgeable about cars so I phoned to ask him whether it would be safe to continue driving it to the dealers. The oil level was good and the engine temperature did not appear to rising. Nothing else weird was going on with the exception of the light. He said to drive on. I got to the dealers and explained the situation. I was informed that they were swamped and would not be able to get to anything semi-major until the following day. While the guy is telling me this, he is circling my vehicle and he opens the little door where the gas goes and exclaims "Ah ha! Here is your problem. Your gas cap is loose," and he continues to explain why this has caused my light to go on and describe how to properly close a gas cap. So this last part was probably about the most condescending anyone has ever been to me, but I did leave the gas cap off so perhaps it is deserved. So yeah, ah, I guess I'll, ah, have to watch that in the future.

Anyway, it was a cheap fix and I left my car to get a well deserved oil change that was due anyway. So all's well that end's well. And Shannon is just slightly blushing.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Shannon, you are very silly. But that's why we like you.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

"Houseguest," eh?

Anonymous said...

HAHAHHA! I was WAITING for someone to call her on that.

Shannon said...

Blush