I am sitting in a hotel room warming up a Michelina's for breakfast and I don't have any utensils. Last nights supper required me to use the stir sticks they have in here for coffee as my "chopsticks" but silly me not at all thinking ahead, I threw them out. Not sure yet what I am going to do. I suppose the options are to use a glass or my fingers.
Right now I am down in SE Sk for the week conducting building audits. Last night I was feeling a bit lonely and wishing I knew someone in this town. I think I was grossly overtired from not having slept well in a week. Today seems better so far but I can't help wondering how long my life will consist of a couple of days at home and then a week here and a week there on the road, stopping in all sorts of little towns and looking for all sorts of gross things in buildings (I got caught up in a spider web yesterday - and I'm terrified of spiders. It was hard not to squeal).
This weekend I attended the wedding of a very good friend of mine in Calgary. I had a truly wonderful time. I got to sleep in the same room with her on her last night of singleness and talk about all those things that a bride talks about the night before her marriage begins. Then the next day I got to run around and help do all the last minute emergencies that are necessary the day of a wedding which included picking her up from the hair dresser when her sister forgot her shoes and had to drive home to pick them up instead of deposit the bride at the dressmakers to pick up the main accessory of the whole event. I greatly enjoyed helping with all these little things. My friend was a laid back bride and sort of just went along with what the day brought. For instance, I don't know how many brides could have handled getting big yellow sap stains on their dress during the pictures only minutes before the wedding was to begin. Jess just siged and said "something like this always happens to us honey" and then the day went on (By the end of the reception she was also covered with chocolate stains). Anyway, I hope that my wedding someday, if there is to be one, is like hers. A bunch of family and friends, a laid back day, a chocolate fountain (for serious) at the reception, and more focused on the marriage than the wedding. A cute Brazilian groom, like hers, would also be a welcome addition.
Anyway, time for my day to commence. And just so you know, the cup is not working out too well. I'd advise against it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment