My house now has a dryer vent. Guess how it got there. I put it there. With my dad as the expert consultant (and the cute guy at Rona assisiting me with my purchases) I installed the vent (read: cut a big hole with a saw - dad and I sort of fought over who got to use the saw more b/c it was kinda fun) in the side of my house. Watching those little louvre flaps open as the hot air pushed through them was one of the proudest moments of my home owning life.
Dad also put a new sink in the basement bathroom. It's pretty and I like it.
I'm on the road again but I've planned better this time. I brought a book so if I end up somewhere without tv/internet, I can read. Hooray!
Coolest thing of the trip so far - I was walking from my job site to a courier place and I saw a man sitting on the sidewalk with a guitar beside him. As I walked by he asked me if I'd like to hear a song. Heck yes I did. He played a gospel song for me and I gave him a dollar - even though I enjoyed the song, all I had bigger than a buck was a $20 and that was a bit extreme. He didn't even play all the verses of it. But I was thinking about it after and it probably took him about 30 seconds to make that dollar off me - and another person walked up to listen as I was walking away. That's a lot of money if everyone gives him a dollar! I mean, that's like $120 per hour. That's more than double what my massage therapist charges!!! Good for him. Making money and making people smile.
Hmmm, bedtime now I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment