Yesterday I attended a wedding back in my home town. It was one of the longest weddings I've ever been to, but it was quite a good time. Both the bride a groom's families are talented musically so there was an abundance of special numbers. The best one in a lot of people's opinion were when the groom's family sang the grace. They must practice at every family reunion because there were about 40 of them and they were harmonizing and everything. The ceremony was beautiful, the dinner was really nice, the mc was hilarious, the stories were touching, the games (yes games!) made everyone laugh and none of it was boring. Even if you only knew one side of the family, the chosen tales were funny anyway. I was sitting at a table with my parents and their friends which meant lots of laughter abounded. One of the guests was telling a story about how the bride's mom had grown all the corn and the guourds for the centerpiece in her garden and that the guords had actually started to rot 3 days before the wedding. Some of them had been saved by cutting the bad spots off. Wes, the man sitting to my right, decided to check our table's guords to see if ours had any sign of rotten-ness and when he did he knocked a silk flower out of the basket into the candle. I was at a wedding about a month ago where one of the bridesmaids started her table on fire too. The difference was they had water in the vases at her table and could put it out. All we had was wine. And so I hesitated, not wanting to pour alcohol onto a fire. I'm not exactly sure what that would do. Would it put it out? Or is there enough alcohol to make it worse? Anyway, we did finally put it out (sans wine). But during each toast we watched Wes to make sure he didn't start another while reaching over to tink glasses.
Now to certain of my friends I must say this. Following the reception, there was a social. It included dancing and karaoke. It was awesome! It's so totally do-able. People were pretty shy at first to sing, but once the bridesmaids did "I love Rock and Roll" there was a line of people waiting to sign up.
Anyway, my grandma, who is here for Thanksgiving, isn't from my town and thus wasn't invited to the wedding. So she spent the day sleeping and relaxing. I came home to find that she'd covinced the rest of my family to stay up late watching a movie. This grandma is 80 and not usually a latester. But she kept us up till 2am. Wild and crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a good time, Shannon. I'm glad you had a good weekend.
Post a Comment