I needed a pick me up today. I didn't even realise quite how much.
Did I mention that I love Christmas? Last year I felt like I missed it because I was working so much I didn't have time to enjoy the season. This year I am determined to catch a little more Chrismas cheer and tonight on my way home from the gym I saw Santa in a sleigh. He was smiling and waving so I opened my window and yelled "Merry Christmas Santa!" I was practically bursting with holiday spirit. Then I noticed carollers and hot chocolate stands and that was it! I parked my car and walked over, got some apple cider, sang a song and went on the sleigh. It was comfy cozy and wonderful - just what I needed. Oh, and there was a totally hot cop directing traffic too. Sigh.
Now I've turned on a Christmas CD, started some laundry, will do the dishes and pack for my excursion to Calgary tomorrow to see my friend Jess. I am so very excited.
I saw three ships come sailing in on Christmas day on Christmas day...
Seasons greetings everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's fun! I love that you joined some carollers. That's a very Shannon thing to do, to be like, "Do you know what? Those people are having fun, and I want to have fun, too. I'm going to be brave and have fun with strangers."
You're my hero.
I knew you of all people would be excited that I did! I even thought while I was on the sleigh - Maryanne would be so proud of me right now! It was so fun.
Post a Comment