Saturday, December 03, 2005

The sweetness of relief

So I went to the dentist last Monday (no cavities Hooray!) and the lady cleaning my teeth was a hygenist that I had never seen before. She was not very gentle with bottom left gum and it actually really hurt. It has been hurting and swelling more and more and more all week and last night I was nearly in tears from it. I sound kind of wimpy but it was driving me nuts. I remembered back to a camp I went to in grade 8 where my friend Sarah decided to bring some Orajel and sneak into the guys cabins before they woke up and spread it all over their mouths so their lips would go numb. I do believe she had a measure of success in her feat. So I thought that maybe if it could work as a prank on 14 year old boys, it would bring some relief to my gums. And it has. So to anyone out there who is unlucky enough to see a demonical hygenist - I recommend Orajel.

(Side effects, slightly numb tongue if you are not accurate in your application)

3 comments:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

I would be so frightened that I would accidentally freeze my whole mouth, and then hilarity would ensue.

But good job on figuring that out. I would be complaining forever, and never think of something that would make the pain stop.

Meg Persson said...

I once used Orajel to get my belly-button piercing out. It actually worked! Orajel is miraculous

Shannon said...

Hooray! Meg read my blog! I read yours and even tried to leave a comment but blogger was being dumb and would let me. I will try again.