I will resist the urge to take a bazillion quizzes this evening. They are so addicting. I thought it was funny that my subconcious (according to the quiz people) was thinking about monkeys the other night. That is the only quiz I will take tonight. Let us see what my subconcious is pondering this time...
..... (Taking quiz) .......
Yikes!!! I'm thinking about guns and ammo! I prefer monkeys.
Okay no more quizzes. Quickly though, since I don't know how to do links yet (I learn technology slowly) if you want to find out what you are thinking about in the recesses of your mind, go here:
http://quizilla.com/users/pollywantacracker/quizzes/What%20are%20you%20subconciously%20thinking%20about%3F/
Anyway, have I ever been having a winter adventure! I was supposed to do a mould assessment in Weyburn on Tuesday (3.5ish hours from home) and the weather was just not good and so I decided I valued my life more than my job and postponed it. But I am a restless creature so the next day when I was bored at work (since I was supposed to be away, I had nothing planned to do) I decided to brave the roads and I ventured out. It was still a little scary in my trusty Sunfire but I went 80 clicks the whole way and survived to Regina (2/3 of the way). I stayed at my favourite hotel with underground parking and had a nice visit with my pal Kristen. She was one of my best friends in university - we bonded over the horror that is Physics. The subject is very interesting it just requires SO MUCH work and to do it all by yourself is practically impossible. But we got a big group of people together and we would spend one night every week after the tutorial doing the assignment together. That class was seriously the basis of my social life for the next 4 years and I am so glad I took it. Ahh, Kristen and Courtney, how I pine for our good times. Digression ended.
So, I got up this morning and finished my trip to Weyburn, rushed through the mould assessment (I completely ran out of time) and drove back to Regina. The roads were okay to Regina but according to the Highway Hotline (I am a complete dork and check it about 3 times a trip) there were "slippery and icy roads, drifting snow, swirling snow, reduced visibility." I do not like to drive when the hotline has picked all possible items that cause crappy driving. So here I am sitting in a hotel room. I ordered a nice herbed cod with rice and veggies, continued reading a book and watched a little Letterman. So far, the trip has been good. Once it is no longer dark tomorrow I will feel much better about tackling the "slippery and icy roads, drifting snow, swirling snow, reduced visibility."
Good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Shannon, I know it's not fun to be in that kind of weather, but thanks for the taste of home. It was nice to see those words again. And to think of Kristen! She's nice.
Post a Comment