Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Day 2 of holiday journey

Well here I am in sunny Phoenix. And is it ever sunny. It was 82 degrees today. Excellent. It is Day 2 of my vacation. Yesterday was a very nice morning of packing, afternoon of driving and evening of laughing and chilling. I stayed with my friend Jess in Calgary getting up at 5:30 to head to the airport. While there I ran into a lady I know from church camp who was also on her way to Phoenix to visit my Auntie Lavina. So we chatted for a half hour or so and made plans to get together later this week. What are the chances?! The flight was good and then arrival in Phoenix included me doffing my runners and donning my flip flops. Oh how I love flip flops.

Grandma and Grandpa took me to lunch at the baseball field of the Arizona Diamondbacks and we saw, talked to and got our picture taken with Gonzo, the well-liked left fielder. I of course did not know who he was but pretended to. Wouldn't want to hurt his self esteem.

Anyway, so far it's been a good day 2. Tomorrow may very well be my favourite day of the holiday. Grand Canyon, here I come.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oooohhh... the Grand Canyon... take pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Know what's funny? When I saw that you got your picture taken with Gonzo, I was like, "NO WAY! She met the muppets!?!" until I read on. I'm a twit.

Shannon said...

You know i would have been more excited if it was the muppets. Gonzo the muppet is a household name. Everyone knows who he is. Only people who watch baseball know who this other Gonzo is.