Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I'm all smiles

I hate how shallow I am sometimes. I mean honestly, I should really not get as much satisfaction from these things as I do. They all come to nothing (and I'd likely be horrified if any of them came to something) yet I felt all smiley and flirty and happy. I shall now s'plain.

I returned to working man's land today. There is a whole new crew there! And it seems like a lot of them are youngerish. And I revelled in the appreciative glances (and I honeslty don't care that it's because I'm the only girl for miles) and the harmless flirtations. But the moment that made me smile most was when someone came walking over and said "Shannon, the Zoom Boom operator wants you to meet him in town after work for a drink." I peeked over at the Zoom Boom assuming that it would be one of the guys I'd gotten to know from my 6 weeks out there last year, but it wasn't. It was some random new guy. And he was cute. I got incredibly shy and blushed.

Anyway, I'm a huge dork but I just can't stop liking cute guys.

P.S. I did not meet any stranger cute guy for a drink in town after work - just because I get all smiley doesn't mean I'm going to follow up on it.

P.P.S. Insanely enough, someone thinks my blog is quasi interesting and put it on some kind of list. I can't say I'm crazy about the fact that I fall under the category "Girlz". Girlz with a z makes me think of Brittany Spears fans and 8 year olds that dress like they are 20 and carry cell phones. But whatever, kind of cool that someone went to the trouble. I sort of feel semi famous almost.

2 comments:

roger said...

Now that you're famous, remember the little people.

Shannon said...

No worries - I'll always have a place in my heart for my peeps.