Saturday, March 24, 2007

call now and you'll also get...

Last night my mom told me that I needed to buy diet pills. "The perfect way to lose weight without dieting or excercise." I told her it sounded a bit sketchy so she changed her tactics and tried to tell me what "a great deal the Bowflex home fitness system is." For only 5 easy payments of $200, toned legs and abs could be mine. "Plus shipping and handling of course," she threw in as an afterthought.

Thankfully, I then woke up and realised I'd fallen asleep in front of the TV and those late night infomercials were running. My mom is in the city for the weekend for an annual garden show that she goes to with her friends. I was hanging out with them last night - which must be why I inserted her into the dream. Either that, or I subconciously feel like my mother thinks I need to lose weight.

So just to be on the safe side, I think I'll go to the gym today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Your mother does not think you need to lose weight. You are perfect exactly the way you are. Tell that to your subconcious!

Bronwyn said...

That is awesome. My dream mother tells me to make lunch for Lyn and your dream mother tells you to lose weight. Hilarious.