Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Like the 6th best hot tub ever

I figure between work and play that I've probably slept in at least a couple hundred hotels. Some have fantastic hot tubs. Some have hot tubs that I won't go near. Many, of course, have no hot tubs. In fact, I've stayed at places where I did not even have a bath tub - I had to walk down the hall to the washrooms. Scary.

Anyway, the hotel I am in now has two hot tubs. And the one in the spa area is the 6th nicest hotel hot tub I've been in that I can remember. Here they are in order of niceness (and unfortunately this list is probably biased by how much fun was had in said hot tubs). The following list includes tub experiences ranging from grade 11 to tonight:
1. Best hot tub ever was an outdoor tub a bit of a walk away from our cottage/cabin thing at Emerald Lake. Snow all around. Fantastic.

2. The outdoor tub at the on-mountain resort at Sunshine Ski Village.

3. The outdoor/indoor hot tub at the lodge at the Fortress ski resort. There is a little swim-thru door to go from one to the other.

4. The outdoor/indoor mineral pool at Moose Jaw's Temple Garden Mineral spa. Not exactly a hot tub, but meh. It's my list.

5. The semi outdoor hot tub at the Goldenwood Lodge near Golden B.C.

6. The one here at a hotel in Swift Current. For an indoor hot tub, I'd have to say I'm impressed.


Have you ever noticed that hot tubs are always better at night?

3 comments:

Joe said...

Impressive. I'm not even sure that I've been in six hot tubs over the course of my life.

Anonymous said...

Always better at night.

Some of my favorite hot tub experiences were::

-Grad night, we rented a hot tub, and it was poaring rain, and all of our hair products made a foam in the water.

-The hot springs. I am not sure if it counts as a hot tub, but it was warm, so I say it does. I have only been to the one in Fairmont, but it was a lot of fun.

-West Edmonton Mall Waterpark hot tubs are nice, but there is way way too many people. I mean there is a 10 minute time limit, and you have to wait fifteen minutes to get in, so that sucks.

Shannon said...

Well, if we are including outdoor hot springs, that totally changes everything.