Wednesday, March 14, 2007

oh i've had the time of my life ... and i swear it's the truth ... and i owe it all to you...

My dad got me a DVD player as one of my Christmas presents. It didn't work and had to be returned and so when he gave me the second one he said, "It can also work as a karaoke machine." I laughed and thought, "How silly of him. When will I ever use a karaoke machine?" Well tonight, that's when. A friend was in town from New York this week and a bunch of us decided that since I had one, why not have a karaoke party. So we rented some songs and invited some folks. I feel bad because the actual scheduling was quite impromptu and I feel like we possibly missed important people who should have been invited. But anyway. It was tres fun.

Awhile back my old roomate made sure my neighbours were scared of me by yelling out the open windows and doors, "GO AWAY AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" at the crows that constantly caw near my house. But I don't think they realised that she was yelling at the crows. If they would have still considered associating with me, they will no longer harbour any such thoughts. Because tonight, anyone walking past my house tonight would have heard twelve voices raised in unision wrapping Gangsta's Paradise and I'm Just a Gigalo. My poor neighbourhood.

Thanks for the Christmas present though Dad. A night of fun had by all was made possible by you.

No comments: