I am going to the art gallery to buy a painting. Yes that is right. I had the grand idea to buy my grandparents some art for Christmas. Mom said my very sophisticated idea was an answer to prayer because she was not sure what nice gift to give. Hmm. I am glad I am so refined and polished.
Of course, I can not really take too much credit for the idea because we were desperately trying to think of something to get my boss for our Christmas party last week and one of the other guys in the office said "Why not a painting?" He truly is cultured. He even makes his own fancy wine. Although the members of the Freshwater Biodiversity lab I worked for in university went together and we bought a wine making kit for the lab. My co-lab mate and friend Kristy used to have wine tasting parties where everyone brought truly fancy wines plus we would sample our lab's newest creation. So perhaps I am slightly cultured. Also, the ecologically-based Biology post grads (and us lowly Honours students) often met on Saturday nights to taste fine wines, knit and then go salsa dancing. Actually, I can not tell if that is for or against my arguement of sophistication. Sadly though, I think the true answer lies in the fact that I felt the need to brag about buying art and participating in home-made wine making. I am truly not cultured am I? Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sorry guys, I don't think I can be much of a help. Unless you come to Saskatchewan Canada on a Saturday night - and then I know where a good salsa dancing place is. Good luck though with finding some more dancers in your area!!
Shannon- I think- though I am not cetain that you have been blog spammed.
tee-hee.
tee-hee indeed! I remember when it happened to you the first time, too, Jen!
Does that mean random people start talking through comments on your blog? B/c then yes, I have been spammed. I don't mind terribly - unless people start saying dirty, mean or bad stuff. Then I'll mind.
Ha! no more blog spam for me. Word verification has been turned on!
Post a Comment