Well. I was reading Proverbs 22 this morning. Still contemplating last evening's adventure, verse 3 caught my eye: "A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." So does that make me a simpleton? I did foresee the possibility that going on an unfamiliar trail, in the dark, in the cold, when no one knew where I was might not be the best idea ever. So I sort of did foresee the potential dangers but that pesky little "and takes precautions" pushes me into the simpleton category anyway doesn't it? Sigh.
But, then I got to verse 13 which made me think perhaps I WAS right to go anyway: "The lazy person is full of excuses, saying, 'If I go outside, I might meet a lion in the street and be killed!'" The thought actually crossed my mind that I could run into a wild animal so maybe I should not go. They do have bears up there after all, I think anyway. Although not likely within the city limits. But the point is I did not use that excuse so I am not lazy by Proverbs 22:13 standards! Hooray! It looks like I had two choices. To be prudent but lazy or to be a simpleton but, um, not lazy. So there you have it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment