Wednesday, March 08, 2006

If music be the food of love, play on

What is wrong with me today? I feel groggy and my head feels heavy. Yesterday was sort of a bummer of a day for me with all the rain wrecking the snow. But you would think that the light snow we had last night would somewhat appease my mood and bring me back to a semblance of cheerfullness. But nothing.

I am sitting at work waiting for a report to get reviewed and sent back to me so I send it to the client. That is pretty much all I have to do today. With how busy I have been in the last year, it is not such a bad thing to have some free time and I am trying to make the best of it by organising my files and taking out the recycling, etc. But I wish the reviewer would send that stupid report so I could go home already.

I am going to buy a computer today or tomorrow. I am forcing myself to do it. Last year I said I was going to do it with my bonus money and I have been dragging my heels about it ever since. I am also going to buy an iPod at the same time. Otherwise I will drag my heels about that too. And I am also going to buy a digital camera - but my poor indecisive self may be too overcome will all the other decisions it is being forced to make so I might let the digital camera go for a couple of months. The thing about the iPod that I am really excited about is that if you order it from the apple website you get to have it engraved for free. It is the same price as it is in the store and shipping is free so why not. Here are some of my engraving choices. If you feel so inclined, please weigh in with your choice or give me a favourite of your own. It can at maximum be 2 lines of 23 characters (including spaces) each. The first two are my favourites. (And yes, I know I am a nerd for caring more about what is going on my iPod than what kind of computer I get, but to be honest, I have asked so many people about the computer and I'm now more undecided than ever).

music is the language of the soul
if music be the food of love, play on
where words fail, music speaks
music is love in search of a word
in music the passions enjoy themselves

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

go with the shakespeare

Queen of West Procrastination said...

I agree with Ky. However, Ky and me agreeing? Hardly a new thing. You might want to check with people outside of the two of us.

Shannon said...

I think I'm going to go with it. That's why I put it in the title.