Friday, March 17, 2006

"The Miracle Phone"

I experienced a miracle of sorts today (technically yesterday - I didn't realise that it was already almost 1 am. Yikes). Anyway, yesterday (Wednesday) at work I noticed that I didn't have my cell phone. It is not that unusual for me to drop it in my car so I figured it was under my seat or something. I took our cordless out there this morning (Thursday) and phoned my phone. Sure enough, I heard ringing. It was cold so I decided to drive to work and look for it there after my car had warmed up. Except, horror of horrors, when I used my co-worker's cell phone to call my phone, I heard nothing. Meaning - my cell phone must have been outside. I started pleading for it to be on the side of the driveway rather than in the middle where it may have already been driven over. When I raced home at lunch I found my phone underneath the middle of my roomate's car inches away from the tire. I shall now forever more refer to the phone as "The Miracle Phone." We must have backed in and out at least 5 times between the 2 of us and missed it everytime. Amazing.

Also, my laptop arrived today in the mail. What a relief! I can finally go to any website I want without my computer shutting down. I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Oh and I found a new band. Stabilo. So far I like what I hear. "Flawed Design" is the song that caught my ear.

Now to bed.

No comments: