Monday, March 06, 2006

snow banks as tall as my head

I am finally back at home. After two weeks of holidays, some out of town (but within the provice) work and a week covering some staff shortages in Calgary, it is good to be back. I got to sleep in my own bed now 2 nights in a row! Don't get me wrong, it was nice to get a change of scenery and meet the people I talk to on the phone all the time but I really like my bed too. Especially my down-filled duvet. And would you believe it but I returned to like 2 feet of snow and it snowed another foot or so the day I got home! We even got second place in the Weather Network's quiz "Who got the most snow in Canada?" Prince Albert won - but good for them. 2nd ain't that bad. My grandpa phoned me tonight and was saying stuff about how too bad it was that we got so much snow. I was thrilled though. I mean, I did not like driving or getting stuck in it, but I totally love lots of snow. It's beautiful out there. Some drifts and snow banks are up to my head. Excellent.

To make use of said snow, I might go cross country skiing in about 10 minutes too so I should go and put on my snow pants. I am kind of sad because my old snow pants were too big for me so I gave them away and bought new ones. And I do not like my new ones as much. Sigh. But maybe that is because I just have not made friends with them yet. Only time and lots of snow will tell.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I MISS SNOW! I also have discovered that I miss country music on the radio. We have about a billion radio stations here coming in from Victoria, Vancouver and Seattle but guess what? No country. Maryanne thinks I'm crazy to miss it.

Jen said...

You are NOT crazy. I'd miss it too.