Thursday, May 25, 2006

kitchens, cosmetics and rapists

Moving day approaches fast! It is still a little bit scary. Today's goal - to go for a bike ride and to pack up my bedroom. I should add packing up the kitchen to that but with having to work during the day - I don't think it's gonna happen. I know myself and my non-motivated-after-work ways too well. So yes, clothes and cosmetics and bike ride. That is a very attainable goal.

In other news, there is a "repeat rapist" on the loose in my city. The paper was very clear to state that they, as in the authorities, aren't calling him a "serial rapist" because he's only raped 2 girls and attempted a third. I'm not sure how many women have to be violated before he becomes a "serial" rapist, but God forbid the public get in a panic (which they implied would happen if they used the term "serial") or that women feel unsafe (again implied). I don't know about anyone else, but the fact that a dude is walking around trying to rape women he doesn't know (and just for a fun fact, the first rape was near my current area of residence and the attempted one wasn't too terribly far from my new area of residence) doesn't make me feel super safe - whatever the label. Not to mention that a woman was attacked running by the river last weekend and knocked unconcious (they said it was an unrelated attack).

Boy am I glad I took that self defense class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm basically not going anywhere without you as my bodyguard.

Lee said...

Shannon, that's some scary news about the rapist and I hope you can reach your lofty goals of clothes, cosmetics, and a bike ride... hehehe

I just wanted to say thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. It always makes me happy to know someone is reading it and even more happy if you can take something of worth from it!

~later