Work has been painfully slow since February. But at the beginning of June things started picking up again. I've been busy with a couple air quality assessments and a mould assessment. I haven't yet decided if I'm glad that it's gotten busier. Anyway, when I perform a mould assessment, I wear laytex gloves instead of touching the mould. But sometimes it tears and even if it doesn't, I get that horrid powder all over me. So the first thing I like to do when I finish an assessment is wash my hands. For the latest assessment, I was in a really little town about 4 hours away from where I live and surveyed a commercial building. It was pretty clean, and they took fairly good care of it. A little seepage problem resulting in some very minor mould growth - something that could happen to anyone no matter how hygenic they are. That is why I was surprised when I went to wash my hands, upon the completion of my work, that there was no soap in the building. I checked every bathroom. Nothing. Not even dish soap at the kitchen sink. So I drove down the street to the gas station. No soap there either. I'm not sure whether it was just a coincidence or whether that is a very unhygenic town. Good thing for wet wipes.
My roomie is in Prince Edward Island, hopefully having the time of her life. But she comes home today!!!! Hooray! And my other roomie, my sister, just found out that she got into the college of education. Much rejoicing around the house. And I get to go camping this weekend. For the first time in 3 years. So happy. And I go to the oral surgeon again today for hopefully the last time ever. I no longer look like Martin Short. And it's a sunny day. And the Saskatchewan Jazz festival is in full form. Life is looking up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good choice on the college of education, much better than the colleges of disinformation and ignorance . . . I know, I know, just kidding :)
Good for Gina! I'm sure she'll make for a fantastic teacher.
Post a Comment