When I was 13ish, I remember reading a book where two characters were talking. An over make-uped girl crossed their path and the female started making fun of how she looked. The male gently reprimanded her for making fun and said something along the lines of how dare you make fun of something beautiful that God created just because it's different then you. Or something to that effect. The importance of those words have never left me and have caused me to try to be careful about critisizing (even in my head) other's appearances. And when I fail and make fun of how someone looks I often feel guilty like I am really making fun of God's handiwork. Which I am.
So it was with a twinge of guilt this morning that I contemplated how ugly a lady that I saw putting oil into her car was as I approached her on my way to work. I was still kinda far away and if someone is ugly from far away, well that's even worse then up close. My second thought was how hideous her purple dress was too. I didn't feel as guilty about that because technically a human made it and it could be chalked up to human flaw that a dress that horrible came into existence (I'm sure the plants or whatever that the material was made from were beautiful).
But then once I got close, I realized it was a fantastic purple bathrobe and the ugly lady was actually a kind of attractive man. So it was all good. Phewf.
Anyway, I'm off to Victoria and then Spokane for some holidaying! I'll talk to you dudes in a little over 2 weeks time.
Later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Was that one of the Christy Miller books? 'Cause they're my favourite.
ok, that was hilarious.
Yes it was a Christy Miller book - you are awesome for knowing it. Ky, I'm always happy to make you laugh. If you come back in September, I shall show you the house and maybe you too can see the awsome purple robe.
Post a Comment