So my computer decided today not to let me onto blogspot.com. I could look at other people's blogs but as for updating my own - it just kept shutting down everytime I tried (hooray for new laptop in the mail! It will be here soon!). But I've had many years to get used to this computer's wiley ways and I outsmarted it. I went to someone else's blog, commented (which required me to sign in), then returned to mine and viewed my profile, then said I wanted to update it (which was a lie but it will never know) and then clicked the "return to dashboard" button. And here I am. Hah!
Here's what I did today that I am excited about:
- I purchased my plane ticket to Victoria next week;
- I found out how to get from the ferry to my hotel (for less than
$100. Woohoo!)
- I made an appointment with my new realator. Yup. Very
preliminarly thinking about purchasing some sort of real estate.
- Sang a suprisingly large portion of "Hit me Baby one more time"
with Ky.
- Wore my newly replaced glasses. I was so sad when I thought I'd
have to buy new ones but apparently there is a warranty on
glasses. Excellent.
Here's what I think is ridiculous. I have quite a few points saved up on my lovely VISA Avion credit card so they sent me a rewards catologue. A trip to New Zealand (or something like that) is my goal, although I am already just short of enough points to go to Europe. Even though I know I want to use the points for an airline ticket, I looked through the catologue just for fun. Hilariously enough, the same amount of points as required for a trip to Calgary can also get you an iron. Even better, I could fly to Europe, or get an electric mixer. And the funniest, either fly anywhere in Canada/USA or get a garbage can. The best bang for your points is definately to use them as air points folks. Honestly, who would want to save up for a garbage can? (Sorry if I have offended any garbage can lovers.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My old department head sure loved his garbage can. Apparently, his was on wheels, and had drawers in the side for recycling and compost. He talked about it for an entire Urban England class.
I'm going to have to talk to you soon, to get more details of your Victoria plans!!! I'm going to be in class all day on Friday, but it's Chris's day off, and the entire prospect of a day where he gets to monopolize Shannon? Is very exciting for Chris.
I would totally take the electric mixture. Europe is all fine and dandy but it is a one time thing the electric mixture will last you for a life time, especially if it is a good mixer.
Well, the garbage can might have had wheels but it totally did not have drawers. And I don't know if the electric mixer was a good one or not but even if it was I still think it is ridiculous to get a $500 mixer instead of a $1500 plane ticket. But I guess I just haven't mixed that many things yet.
And tell Chris I can't wait to be monopolized.
Post a Comment