Thursday, March 30, 2006

My superpowers have been discovered

I stave off rain! It is true. It was supposed to rain in Victoria the whole time I was there. And it didn't. Then as I approached the ferry to leave for the mainland, it started to rain because it could sense that I was departing. When I arrived in Vancouver it was raining, but by the time I reached the hotel it had stopped. It was supposed to rain for the next two days but the sun decided to hog the sky instead. So now I shall be invited to every single wedding, slow pitch tournament and camping trip ever. Hoorah!

Victoria was a holiday but in Vancouver I got down to work. It was a business trip after all. I mean sure, I had a nice good long visit with my uncle and had dinners with friends, walked around at English Bay, hung out in the hotel hot tub and got very little sleep because I was having too much fun. But the rest of the time I was definately working hard. Definately. The head office of the company I work for is located in the Vancouver area and I got to meet a whole bunch of people that I am always talking to on the phone or emailing reports back and forth with. They were very nice to me and I enjoyed my time there. The only thing that I did not enjoy was that the reputed hottie of the BC office left a little to be desired. Perhaps it was the cigarette practically dripping from his mouth upon my first viewing of him that ruined it. My fellow Saskatchewan office mates (the female ones anyway) were quite disappointed to hear it.

So now I am back home from a very exciting and slightly surreal voyage to the west coast and back. I find out tomorrow whether I go to Calgary for a month to train some people. Evenings and weekend work for an entire month. Yuck to the thought of it. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

You are now officially invited to all my family camping trips. But I don't know if your superpowers can match the combined force of my mom's side of the family. Seriously, we've brought rain to drought areas. Extreme weather follows whenever we set up camp.

Chris said...

Shannon is the opposite of teh rain god in Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. In that a guy discovers that he is a rain god and soon he is invited away from weddings and towards drought areas. Say maybe the Aarsteds should set up camp in eastern Africa. I'm sure that they would appreciate it. In fact we could send them to Africa as a foriegn aid package.

Yep I'm sure that none of them will have a problem with that.