Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Rising sun over fallen snow

I wish you all could see out my living room window right now. We have had so much snow in the past couple of weeks that our world here in the city is very much still a winter wonderland. Today the hor-frost is thick and covering everything. The sun is just coming over the east side of the city and so a bit of pink and purple is backlighting the two huge trees you can see from the window. All the other frosty trees frame the river which has a light mist rising from it. Honestly, the only thing that could make it better would be to actually be outside in the middle of it. I may even take a little walk before leaving for work just to enjoy it.

The thing that makes it even better is that I had a nice massage last night and I'm all relaxed and stuff. One of the perks about having a full time job is that you get benefits. And mine includes a lot of money towards massage therapy.

So here I sit enjoying the now golden orange backlit frost covered trees and wishing that moments like these could go on and on instead of ending and sending me out in the business of the city. But end they must. So here I go to find out what is in store for me today.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Walkin' in a winter wonderland....

I am envisioning myself wandering away, singing to myself.

Or am I dancing? I am really not certain.

Oh well. Whatever I am doing, the picture in my head looks like fun.

And I am going to enjoy it. Inside. Cuz here it is grossly slushy. But in my head, it is beautiful.