Sunday, March 26, 2006

Victoria grants wishes

It was supposed to rain the whole time I was here but as Chris puts it, "Victoria likes me" and decided to grant my wish for perfect weather. In about one half hour I will need to begin to pack up and then head out from Maryanne and Chris's where I have enjoyed excellent hospitality and amusement. And Chris has also helped me add some stuff to my blog, or should I rather say, Chris added some stuff to my blog while Maryanne and I were having girl time.

Highlights of the trip included:
The wildlife of Beacon Hill park (consisting of blue herons, squirrels, ducks and baby goats)
Trekking up Mt. Finlaynson (so many huge trees and tons of ferns and moss - I loved it)
Walking along Willow Beach and Cattle Point (tip: if walking at Cattle Point at night, be prepared to see not only the ocean but also some other "interesting sights" in the parking lot)
Attending a surprise birthday party for a lady named Marilyn
A quick hike up Mt. Doug where there is an excellent view of the city
A visit to some beach (I forget the name) where there are sand dunes and many young friendly hooligans having bonfires and doing back flips
I highly recommend a journey to Victoria. Especially if you have excellent travel guides in Chris, Maryanne and Tim as I did. J'aime ca.

Shall we see next what Vancouver has in store?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like you had a great time Shannon. I'm glad. You'll have to tell me all about everything.