I was right. They did give me a new prescription. But I was wrong in thinking that was all they'd give me. About the time the nurse started sharpening the scapel I realised the oral surgeon was gonna cut me open again. It was horrible. This time I was awake and it hurt lots. Granted, I am very wimpy about my mouth. But I still say it hurt lots. And he was mean. He practically gripped the needle in a fist and started stabbing at my left cheek. Then, without freezing the right side, he started wrenching on my gums. After that he returned to my left side where he violently messed about in there. It was very unpleasant and I've been quite whiny about it.
I will spare you the details but apparently there was some kind of blood clot that caused an infection. Nasty stuff. Mean horrible nasty violent surgeon guy. The worst part is that I have an entire week to contemplate going back for him to remove the "packing" that he put in this time. I don't even want to know what that is. Yuck.
And now I look like a chipmunk again. Except this time I'm a lobsided one because only my left side is swollen. Complain, complain. Whine, whine. Complain, whine.
Oh well, at least it wasn't dry sockets. I've heard those are especially unpleasant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Poor Shannon.
You've really had a rough time this last little while.
After hearing the account of your experience, I've decide that it would be more fun to have my wisdom teeth removed by a rabid wolverine. Now, where do I find a rabid wolverine?
You are probably right - although I think a normal wolverine would be just as good as a rabid one. Good luck with finding one. And hey, how's the field going?
Still no wolverine. Some pheasants (of ptarmigan, or some-such birdlife), as well as the occasional bear coming by camp, but that's it.
The field is going okay. I've been grid mapping since I got here, which has its pluses and minuses. My leg is holding up okay, and seems to be on the mend, but I still don't think I'll be running for a while.
Hope you're feeling better, and free of infection and such.
Post a Comment