Sunday, June 11, 2006

Wisdomless

Well, I have four less teeth. And I look a bit like a chipmunk. The "surgery" to remove my widsom teeth was apparently successful. Besdies feeling continually nautious from the painkillers, it hasn't been too bad. Although it did take almost a full 24 hours for the bleeding to stop. Queen of West Procrastination gave me a tip to use tea bags instead of gauze - which was awesome. I liked it because the guaze made my throat so dry but the tea bags didn't make me constantly thirsty. The best part by far was the laughing gas at the very start. After about 20 full breaths of the stuff I started to feel really relaxed. Then a couple moments of paranoa came and I wanted to start crying. Then all of the sudden I really wanted to thank the two nurses who were in the room for spending their Saturday taking my teeth out. In fact, I wanted to give them both a hug and tell them how much it meant to me. Then, thankfully, whatever she put in the IV knocked me out and I don't remember anything until towards the end of the surgery. I actually became concious while the surgeon was finishing up and I could hear his final instructions and I think he was probably doing the stiches or something.

So anyway, it's time for some more painkiller which means I'm gonna be nauceous in about a half hour. And a little loopy.

How do you spell nautious/nauceous/naucous?

2 comments:

roger said...

Is this a sea-faring adventure?

Anonymous said...

HA! Sea-faring. Woo.

It's nauseous, Shannon. Use the spellcheck blogger provides, if you're worried.