Wednesday, November 01, 2006

comfort metal

I am kind of sad tonight. Let me explain why. When I was in grade seven, I had my braces removed. To keep my bottom teeth from shifting, I recieved a wire along the bottom of my mouth behind my teeth. It's never bothered me. It is a bit of extra effort to floss, but that's about it. They didn't want to remove it until I had my wisdom teeth out and since it never bothered me, I wasn't in a rush. When I got my wisdom teeth removed, I still wasn't in a rush. But this weekend, it broke and has been cutting up the side of my mouth and my tongue. Thank goodness for orthodontic wax. $2.50 was all it cost me for complete relief. Anyway. The dentist's office was closed all weekend and yesterday so today I called and made an appointment. As I suspected, they are going to remove this wire. Strangely I am nervous to have something that has been a part of me for 12 years taken away. Not to mention that I'm not thrilled to have a SECOND retainer that I'll have to wear. Real sexy huh.

Anyway, it will all be done in less then 24 hours. Just like that. I feel somewhatt ungrateful to this little piece of metal that has aided in creating the smile I have today. But then again, it is just a piece of wire. Why should I care?

Weird. It must be all those pickles I ate last night wreaking havoc with my emotions.

Night.

No comments: