I had a survey in Regina this week. It was an important one with a huge time constraint. I had to get there. Of course since I live in Saskatchewan, there was a blizzard in my city. Well, maybe not a blizzard, but enough snow that I didn't want to drive my new car on the highway. 5-7 hours (round trip depending on the iciness of the road) of stress was not how I wanted to spend my day. So I tried to get a flight. The options were:
1. a small airline that only flies between Saskatoon and Regina; and
2. Air Canada. The Air Canada flight wasn't a direct flight. I actually would have had to fly to Vancouver first. Yeah, look at a map if you don't know how far that is.
So anyways, the small airline, which was much cheaper, was sold out of the 7 am flight so I grumpily took the last seat on the noon flight and tried to be super prepared since I was going to have half the time to do my assessment. Well it's a good thing that first flight was full. Because it ended up being cancelled and there wouldn't have been anymore seats on the noon flight and i'd have been SOL. But now I must tell you why it was cancelled because it makes me laugh.
They actually loaded up the little jetstream plane and everybody got on board. The plane taxied out onto the runway so they could de-ice the wings (a common occurance at many Canadian airports - except probably not Vancouver or Victoria). When they tried to take off they couldn't. Why you ask? Because they were frozen to the runway. Hah! They had to get towed back to the hanger and flight = cancelled. Shannon = happy she didn't call soon enough to get on the early flight.
I'm sure Saskatchewan isn't the only place in the world where planes get stuck to concrete, but I've seriously never heard of that happening before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment