The city phoned and wanted to know when they could come over and switch out our water meter. The water meter is in the basement. My sister has a kitty named Walter. My sister lives in my basement.
Setting complete.
A few days ago I took an early lunch to come home and meet a water meter guy at my house as had been prearranged. I introduced myself and opened the house. He, armed with his water meter stuff, followed me down to my sister's suite. As I opened the door I, in a singsong voice, started calling "Waaalter. Here Walter." I was going to leave water meter guy to do his thing while I ate lunch so, thinking maybe I should find out his name before leaving him alone in my basement, I turned and asked his name. He kind of smirked and said, "Actually, it's Walter." I thought he was joking. "Usually people call me Wally," he added.
Can you imagine what this poor man must have thought when I opened the door and started singing, "Waalter. Waalter. Come here Walter." Right.
But at least now I have a thingy set up so they can read the meter from outside which = no more water meter Walters in my house. Just kitty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment